A community in which webmasters can ask for help with topics such as PHP coding , MySQL , IT jobs, web design, IT security.
Current location:homephp forumphp talk in 2008 yearPHP/CURL/Other - How resource intensive? - page 1
User InfoPosts
PHP/CURL/Other - How resource intensive?#1
I am going to have a daemon that will run on a FreeBSD server, which will exchange small amounts of data with a list of URIs every minute.

I am thinking to use the curl_multi functions to run them all at once, or in groups, every minute, using a post. I am open to other ideas though.

I will have to do some benchmarking later on, but for now, does anyone know how resource intensive it is to make many small posts with curl?

Is there a less intensive way to do this? SOAP perhaps? To start, there will only be a few every minute, but it may grow quickly.

Thanks!

posted date: 2008-12-16 14:15:00

Re: PHP/CURL/Other - How resource intensive?#2
I had made out the solution of this problem. click to view my topic...

hope that hepls.

posted date: 2008-12-16 14:15:01

Re: PHP/CURL/Other - How resource intensive?#3
I'd say that SOAP processing (generating query, sending it, get it processed then getting answer back) may be more resource intensive than just a POST, even "multithreaded". Profiling or benchmarking is probably the only way to be sure anyway.

posted date: 2008-12-16 14:21:00

select page: « 1 »
Copyright ©2008-2017 www.momige.com, all rights reserved.