A community in which webmasters can ask for help with topics such as PHP coding , MySQL , IT jobs, web design, IT security.
Current location:homephp forumphp talk in 2008 yearIterating multiple $_POST arrays - page 1
User InfoPosts
Iterating multiple $_POST arrays#1
I have the following code:

<tr>
<td width="60%"><dl>
<dt>Full Name</dt>
<dd>
<input name="fullname[]" type="text" class="txt w90" id="fullname[]" value="<?php echo $value; ?>" />
</dd>
</dl></td>
<td width="30%"><dl>
<dt>Job Title</dt>
<dd>
<input name="job_title[]" type="text" class="txt w90" id="job_title[]" value="<?php echo $value2; ?>" />
</dd>
</dl></td></tr>

Lets assume that I have several rows of the above code. How do I iterate and get the value for arrays $_POST['fullname'] and $_POST['job_title']?

posted date: 2008-12-20 00:33:00

Re: Iterating multiple $_POST arrays#2
I had made out the solution of this problem. click to view my topic...

hope that hepls.

posted date: 2008-12-20 00:33:01

Re: Iterating multiple $_POST arrays#3
It's just an array:foreach ($_POST['fullname'] as $name) { echo $name."\n";}If the problem is you want to iterate over the two arrays in parallel simply use one of them to get the indexes:for ($i=0; $i < count($_POST['fullname']); $i++) { echo $_POST['fullname'][$i]."\n"; echo $_POST['job_title'][$i]."\n";}

posted date: 2008-12-20 00:42:00

Re: Iterating multiple $_POST arrays#4
Its here in the manual us.php.net/manual/en/faq.html.php#faq.html.arrays

posted date: 2008-12-20 00:47:00

Re: Iterating multiple $_POST arrays#5
I deleted this earlier since it was pretty close to Vinko's answer.for ($i = 0, $t = count($_POST['fullname']); $i < $t; $i++) { $fullname = $_POST['fullname'][$i]; $job_title = $_POST['job_title'][$i]; echo "$fullname $job_title \n";}With original index not numerical from 0 - N-1$range = array_keys($_POST['fullname']);foreach ($range as $key) { $fullname = $_POST['fullname'][$key]; $job_title = $_POST['job_title'][$key]; echo "$fullname $job_title \n";}This is just for general info. With SPL DualIterator you can make something like:$dualIt = new DualIterator(new ArrayIterator($_POST['fullname']), new ArrayIterator($_POST['job_title']));while($dualIt->valid()) { list($fullname, $job_title) = $dualIt->current(); echo "$fullname $job_title \n"; $dualIt->next();}

posted date: 2008-12-20 01:26:00

Re: Iterating multiple $_POST arrays#6
Both Vinko and OIS' answers are excellent (I upticked OIS'). But, if you are always printing 5 copies of the text fields, you can always just name each field specifically:<?php $i=0; while($i < 5) { ?><tr> ... <input name="fullname[<?php echo $i; ?>]" type="text" class="txt w90" id="fullname[<?php echo $i; ?>]" value="<?php echo $value; ?>" />

posted date: 2008-12-20 01:33:00

Re: Iterating multiple $_POST arrays#7
I think the problem you're trying to solve, is getting a pair of values from $_POST['fullname'][] and $_POST['jobtitle'][] which have same index.for ($i = 0, $rowcount = count($_POST['fullname']); $i < $rowcount; $i++){ $name = $_POST['fullname'][$i];// get name $job = $_POST['jobtitle'][$i]; // get jobtitle}

posted date: 2008-12-20 01:35:00

Re: Iterating multiple $_POST arrays#8
This answer is the same as OIS' answer above.

posted date: 2008-12-20 01:39:00

Re: Iterating multiple $_POST arrays#9
this will produce the same result as not naming them.

posted date: 2008-12-20 01:42:00

Re: Iterating multiple $_POST arrays#10
If I understand you correctly, you have 2 arrays that you basically wish to iterate over in parallel.Something like the below may work for you. Instead of $a1, and $a2 you would use $_POST['fullname'] and $_POST['jobtitle'].<?php$a1=array('a','b','c','d','e','f');$a2=array('1','2','3','4','5','6');// reset array pointers reset($a1); reset($a2);while (TRUE){ // get current item $item1=current($a1); $item2=current($a2); // break if we have reached the end of both arrays if ($item1===FALSE and $item2===FALSE) break; print $item1.' '. $item2.PHP_EOL; // move to the next items next($a1); next($a2);}

posted date: 2008-12-20 01:47:00

Re: Iterating multiple $_POST arrays#11
And what would the benefit of the DualIterator be?

posted date: 2008-12-20 02:32:00

Re: Iterating multiple $_POST arrays#12
Yeah, I saw it after I posted my answer.

posted date: 2008-12-20 06:37:00

select page: « 1 2 »
Copyright ©2008-2017 www.momige.com, all rights reserved.