A community in which webmasters can ask for help with topics such as PHP coding , MySQL , IT jobs, web design, IT security.
Current location:homephp forumphp talk in 2008 yearPHP to ASP.NET - call_user_func() equivalent? - page 1
User InfoPosts
PHP to ASP.NET - call_user_func() equivalent?#1
I'm wondering if there is an equivalent function to PHP's call_user_func() in ASP.NET application. I'm looking to do a conversion from a PHP application to ASP.NET as a means of teaching myself the language, by taking a CMS I built professionally and trying to recreate it in this other language.

The reason I need a function similar to this, is because the current structure of my PHP CMS involves a plugin architecture, and specific parts of the CMS expose themselves for the plugins, and it then handles the returned information as an array. It's pretty much the same system Drupal uses.

Am I perhaps on the wrong track with this?

I think for clarification I should provide an example of how this works in my current system:

<?php
class Test {

function TestMessage() {
// set up array
$arrTest = array("Hello", "World");
// get extra values from all available plugins
$arrExtras = CMS::InvokeHook("HelloTest");
// now contains Hello, World, Foo, Bar
$arrTests = array_merge($arrTest, $arrExtras);
}

}

class CMS {
InvokeHook($function) {
// now contains a couple plugins
$plugins = CMS::GetPlugins();
// empty array of values
$values = array();
foreach($plugins as $plugin) {
// if this plugin has the called method...
if(method_exists($plugin, $function)) {
// call the function and merge in the results
$values[] = call_user_func(array($plugin, $function));
}
}
// return results as an array
return $values;
}
}

class FooTest {
function HelloTest() {
return "Foo";
}
}

class BarTest {
function HelloTest() {
return "Bar";
}
}

?>

NOTE: The InvokeHook() call is simplified as I'm writing this from memory, but that is the gist of it.

posted date: 2008-12-28 12:13:00

Re: PHP to ASP.NET - call_user_func() equivalent?#2
I had made out the solution of this problem. click to view my topic...

hope that hepls.

posted date: 2008-12-28 12:13:01

Re: PHP to ASP.NET - call_user_func() equivalent?#3
can you explain to us ASP.NET developers what this functions does?

posted date: 2008-12-28 12:27:00

Re: PHP to ASP.NET - call_user_func() equivalent?#4
To the .NET devs, this is basically a method of calling a method from a given name (as a string). To the OP: (I think) You have to use reflection. It's nowhere near as pretty and it's quite expensive (IIRC) so it's best not over-used.System.Reflection.MethodInfo method = this.GetType().GetMethod(myMethodName);// method.Invoke(args, null);I think you might possibly be doing things the "wrong" way if you have to resort to this to get things done. There's possible a cleaner pattern that will work better.The way I've made plugin-architectures is through globally shared interfaces* so plugins can implement a "plug-in" interface* and then I know there is going to be a .DoSomething() (etc) method available. No reflection needed =)*Or Abstract Classes.. Really, whatever fits best!

posted date: 2008-12-28 12:39:00

Re: PHP to ASP.NET - call_user_func() equivalent?#5
In .NET I would probably create some events and handle them. Here's one way of doing it:public class CMS public Event DoSomethingHook(byval sender as Object, byval e as DoSomethingEventArgs) public function DoSomething() dim data() as Integer = {} Dim e as new DoSomethingEventArgs(); e.data = data RaiseEvent DoSomethingHook(Me, e) data = e.data end functionend class' Let's say Plugin base class contains a reference to CMSpublic class CMSPlugin Inherits Plugin public sub New() ' Register for a hook AddHandler CMS.DoSomethingHook, AddressOf DoSomething end sub public function DoSomething(byval sender as Object, byval e as DoSomethingEventArgs) ' Do something with e.data end functionend classpublic class DoSomethingEventArgs : Inherits EventArgs public data() as Integerend class

posted date: 2008-12-28 13:35:00

Re: PHP to ASP.NET - call_user_func() equivalent?#6
This calls a method from a given name as a string. If you pass in an array, the first string is the class, and the second is the name of the function. You can also pass in any number of arguments, that the functions can use (my actual InvokeHook method uses this)

posted date: 2008-12-28 13:41:00

select page: « 1 »
Copyright ©2008-2017 www.momige.com, all rights reserved.