A community in which webmasters can ask for help with topics such as PHP coding , MySQL , IT jobs, web design, IT security.
Current location:homephp forumphp talk in 2009 yearIs there a realtime apache/php console similar to webrick or mongrel with ruby on rails? - page 1
User InfoPosts
Is there a realtime apache/php console similar to webrick or mongrel with ruby on rails?#1
Is there a realtime apache/php console similar to webrick or mongrel with ruby on rails?

I want to be able to monitor what the heck my server is doing.

edit:

but I don(t want to grep the log

Thanks!

posted date: 2009-04-10 19:54:00

Re: Is there a realtime apache/php console similar to webrick or mongrel with ruby on rails?#2
I had made out the solution of this problem. click to view my topic...

hope that hepls.

posted date: 2009-04-10 19:54:01

Re: Is there a realtime apache/php console similar to webrick or mongrel with ruby on rails?#3
What information are you looking for that tail -f /path/to/access.log doesn't provide you with?

posted date: 2009-04-10 20:37:00

Re: Is there a realtime apache/php console similar to webrick or mongrel with ruby on rails?#4
probably the same, but in an automatic way. would i have to periodically have to run tail manually? with RoR/webrick/mongrel you get realtime feedback as events occur. I'm running a long php script and I don't want to wait for it to finish to see what it's up to and I dont want to re-run tail myself

posted date: 2009-04-10 20:53:00

Re: Is there a realtime apache/php console similar to webrick or mongrel with ruby on rails?#5
tail -f is real time

posted date: 2009-04-10 21:29:00

Re: Is there a realtime apache/php console similar to webrick or mongrel with ruby on rails?#6
hm... it's not exactly real time. it waits for a script to finish running which leaves me where i started. it's cool to know though, thx. im looking for something i can use to follow outgoing connections not just incoming ones. also in RoR you can "puts <string>" to print to the console immediately.

posted date: 2009-04-10 21:46:00

Re: Is there a realtime apache/php console similar to webrick or mongrel with ruby on rails?#7
i mean tail -f appears to be real time, but apache isn't writing to the log until it's done with whatever it's doing. i want to see the intermediate steps

posted date: 2009-04-10 21:47:00

Re: Is there a realtime apache/php console similar to webrick or mongrel with ruby on rails?#8
I believe FirePHP might be somewhat equivalent to what your looking for. Simple Example: <?php FB::log((Log message(); FB::info((Info message(); FB::warn((Warn message(); FB::error((Error message(); ?>Read More

posted date: 2009-04-11 01:36:00

Re: Is there a realtime apache/php console similar to webrick or mongrel with ruby on rails?#9
Will have the same problem as with tail -f, Unless you flush after each FB:: call (which then can be disastrous for your headers)+add the time between request and response.

posted date: 2009-04-11 05:07:00

Re: Is there a realtime apache/php console similar to webrick or mongrel with ruby on rails?#10
ApacheTop may not quite do what you want, but just in case.. and you might find it useful nonetheless :) It(s basically like UNIX top but for Apache.

posted date: 2009-05-23 17:13:00

Re: Is there a realtime apache/php console similar to webrick or mongrel with ruby on rails?#11
There(s always gdb and strace/dtrace. There(s also the xdebug module but its not real time.

posted date: 2010-05-04 04:57:00

Re: Is there a realtime apache/php console similar to webrick or mongrel with ruby on rails?#12
You can use the following command in your application directory:mongrel_rails start -B This starts it in debug mode and gives you all the requests just like Webrick. Yes, including all those (puts( statements.

posted date: 2011-02-23 00:12:00

select page: « 1 2 »
Copyright ©2008-2017 www.momige.com, all rights reserved.