A community in which webmasters can ask for help with topics such as PHP coding , MySQL , IT jobs, web design, IT security.
Current location:homephp forumphp talk in 2009 yearCan cURL be used to read PHP code from PHP files? - page 1
User InfoPosts
Can cURL be used to read PHP code from PHP files?#1
I don(t really understand how cURL works. Can it read the unparsed PHP code from a PHP file? If so, what is to stop some hacker from reading the script that connects to my database and stealing the login information?

posted date: 2009-04-15 10:30:00

Re: Can cURL be used to read PHP code from PHP files?#2
I had made out the solution of this problem. click to view my topic...

hope that hepls.

posted date: 2009-04-15 10:30:01

Re: Can cURL be used to read PHP code from PHP files?#3
No, it cannot. All cURL does is access an URL just like you would access it using a browser. If you can read the PHP source with a browser, so can cURL, if not, then not.

posted date: 2009-04-15 10:33:00

Re: Can cURL be used to read PHP code from PHP files?#4
For an HTTP request, no. However, if you have FTP access and sufficient permissions to the server on which the PHP file is stored, you can use cURL to connect via FTP and download the unexecuted PHP source code much like you would connect with any other FTP client. I don(t remember offhand if it supports SFTP or FTPS, but it likely does.

posted date: 2009-04-15 10:58:00

Re: Can cURL be used to read PHP code from PHP files?#5
According to Wikipedia it supports both. Of course if they had ftp access they wouldn't need curl to steal my data. Thanks for the info. :)

posted date: 2009-04-15 11:06:00

Re: Can cURL be used to read PHP code from PHP files?#6
Through HTTP, cURL should only be able to read one or the other, so it(s safe to say that if you don(t see php in your browser, cURL won(t either.However, if for some reason Apache has a very broken configuration, it will just echo the contents of the source file (php). There are also ways to intentionally configure Apache to return either the rendered page or the php source, but both could not be served on the same address.So in general, the answer to your question is no.

posted date: 2009-04-15 11:25:00

select page: « 1 »
Copyright ©2008-2017 www.momige.com, all rights reserved.